Re: __setfpucw

From: Tuukka Toivonen (tutoivon@mail.student.oulu.fi)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 08:05:26 EST

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Mipam wrote:

> The most current linux distributions use nerwer glib's. I believe version 2.0 or 2.1? Therefore some programs which i wrote wont compile anymore.

2.0.x is alpha software and should not be used.
(Yes, I know a lot of people do and that causes big problems for
upgrading: eg. 2.0.7pre6 is totally incompatible with 2.0.6.).

> Especially when i call: setfpucw

I guess that you should do:
#include <fpu_control.h>
and then use _FPU_GETCW and _FPU_SETCW macros.
more /usr/include/fpu_control.h.

All this is undocumented though (as well as necessary options for
ld-linux.so.2). IMHO there's a problem with glibc documentation. Hopefully
it gets/is better with 2.1.

And btw, this is not a kernel issue 8-)