Re: lowlatency-2.2.14-B1 + 2.2.14aa7 fixes crash, but...

From: Benno Senoner (sbenno@gardena.net)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 10:02:20 EST

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, William Montgomery wrote:

> I am testing this code now. This code appears to allow a long latency
> path. If you have 2 SCHED_FIFO tasks which are both ready to run and
> the kernel is in this (long) free_inode loop, one task will get scheduled
> and if it finishes quickly the other task will have to wait.
>
> Could you explain again what the problem is when we always allow
> schedule?
>
> Wm

William, can you explain please this effect more precisely ?
What does mean "the other task will have to wait" ?
That the other task will not be scheduled until the inode freeing is finished,
while the other runs fine ?
How does the old 2.2.10-lowlatencyN6B kernel react to these 2 SCHED_FIFO
tasks ?

Benno.