Re: 2.2.15pre10: TCP problem

From: TenThumbs (tenthumbs@cybernex.net)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 11:08:36 EST

Chris Dunlop wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There seems to be a problem with TCP in 2.2.15pre10. The same problem occurs
> in at least 2.2.14pre5, 2.2.14pre9 and 2.2.15pre10.
>
> Following is the tail end of a tcpdump of an attempt to pick up the latest
> netscape communicator using ncftpget. The command line used was:
>
> ncftpget -F ftp://205.188.247.193/pub/communicator/english/4.72/windows/windows95_or_nt/complete_install/cc32e472.exe
>
> Everything looks fine until the packet where we issue the PASV command,
> but then we don't seem to see their ack/reply. We issue the same packet
> again, and they try sending their reply a few times, but we seem to be
> missing it.
>
> This same transfer worked without problems under 2.0.35.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris,
> OnTheNet

Either switch to active-mode ftp or turn off tcp_timestamps. Netscape has been
screwed up this way for a while; probably a broken firewall.

Still, the server does send packets which the kernel ignores. I wonder if this
is right?

--
Now that the merger is complete, the massively parallel product lines
give a clear channel towards plug-ins. If you have any questions or