Re: newbie : bottom half

From: Lee Willis (lee@gbdirect.co.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 10:51:39 EST

ejc <eli.carter@inet.com> writes:

> You've probably gotten a dozen responses in private, but in case you
> haven't; Go buy Rubini's book "Linux Device Drivers" (O'Reilly &
> Associates, Inc.) An updated version is in the works, but the version
> that is out will explain much more than just bottom halves. Anyone
> recommend other good resources on this?

Hmm, on the subject, the primitive device driver they give, ie

#define MODULE
#include <linux/module.h>

int init_module(void) {
        printk("<1>Hello world\n");
        return 0;
}

void cleanup_module(void) {
        printk("<1>Goodbye cruel world\n");
}

Doesn't insert cleanly complaining of:
mod.o: unresolved symbol printk

I'm sure this used to work under 2.0.x, what's changed?

Lee

--
I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"