bootimg and LOBOS

From: Ronald G. Minnich (rminnich@lanl.gov)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 22:54:17 EST

one other interesting difference: bootimg lets user mode read in the file,
and pass a pointer to the kernel; LOBOS reads in the file in the kernel
using read_exec(), after first doing a lookup on the name and getting a
dentry.

Why does LOBOS do it in the kernel? well, there are cases you want to let
linux boot linux without even getting to running a user-mode process.
Think of linuxbios ...

Now that I've said this I'll see Werner's v3 tomorrow that does this too
:=)

ron