Re: Load linux...from linux?

From: Walter Hofmann (walter.hofmann@physik.stud.uni-erlangen.de)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 18:00:44 EST

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Ronald G. Minnich wrote:

> FWIW using LOBOS and ext3 I can chop my laptop reboot time from 90 seconds
> or so to 43. We'd like to see it down to 5 seconds, much time is lost on
> daemon startup and that initial mount of ext2 where it seems to like to do
> a full-surface-scan of the disk :-)

Werner told you about the nocheck option already. On the deamon startup:
If you use X and a display manager just rename /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S??xdm to
something like /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S01xdm and X will startup first. The only
thing you have to start before X is the fontserver (if you use one). I'm
running this configuration for >1 year without problems, YMMV.

Walter