Re: Linux's future: //posix/ipc, //root and so on ?

From: Kristian Koehntopp (kris@koehntopp.de)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 01:21:08 EST

In netuse.lists.linux-kernel you write:
>However, I don't see any reason to use above-root paths at
>all... especially for stuff like the ipc filesystem. Just mount it as
>usual.

I have running here a webfarm, which each customer being
confined into a chrooted, rlimited and quotaed environment so
that this customer can write private CGI scripts and stuff
without me being worried about CGI security. Mounting devpts,
devfs, proc and ipcfs into each customers chrooted environment
would be a PITA and using an automatic access method to such
filesystems via magic filenames would greatly help in this
configuration.

Kristian