Re: APM_power_off

From: Daniel.Egger@suse.de
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 21:13:47 EST

On 29 Feb, Alan Cox wrote:

> Most peoples did. Windows actually checks the tables are either in a
> 'whitelist' or dated after some magical date (1/1/2000 ?) before using
> ACPI

 It's the 1/1/1999 actually.

 BUT: Is there a way to test the correctness other than that strange win
 tool everyone in the world is reffering too?

 And: How can I use ACPI in real life at the moment? It seems to like
 like it's just a playground for developers but on the other side if
 it's enabled in the kernel APM automatically gets overridden, so laptop
 users would be rather silly to activate ACPI at the moment because
 the system will empty the battery really fast.

 FYI: I've got a Compaq Armada 1750 Notebook with quite recent BIOS
 which seems to have usable ACPI tables, at least W2K says so and makes
 full use of it. If somebody would like me to run some tests just yell
 my name.... :)

--

Servus, Daniel