Re: very large directories

From: Marc SCHAEFER (schaefer@alphanet.ch)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 15:21:20 EST

Paolo Zeppegno <zeppegno.paolo@seat.it> wrote:
> I noticed this problem with very large directories about two months ago,
> after downloading
> and unpacking the tar file of the freedb database (CD titles database).

You may want to try again this untarring, but this time using usenetfs
from the FIST stacking filesystem software package

   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ezk/research/software/

It is going to do exactly what many people here suggested (ie the
ala-squid multiple directories).

However I just checked and I cannot find it in the fist tarball and
I contacted the author.