Re: accept() improvements for rt signals

From: Stephen C. Tweedie (sct@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 15:44:08 EST

Hi,

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:09:12 -0500, Zach Brown <zab@zabbo.net> said:

> to really do a robust io core with queued rt sigio signals stephen and
> andi have convinced me that you really, really have to treat the signals
> as hints.

You don't _have_ to --- the alternative is to have synchronisation
markers in the signal stream which let you syncronise signals with other
activity like accept().

You can always place those markers into the siginfo stream yourself via
sigqueue(). Otherwise, you have to distrust siginfo's somewhat.

Neither of these alternatives requires kernel modifications.

--Stephen