Re: bootimg and LOBOS

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 17:28:12 EST

> pumping the processor into SMM mode and running code out of the SMM memory
> in BigReal mode. As part of the process it sets the Secret Bit. Of course,
> the bad guys already know which bit that is :-) (but we don't :-()

Sigh, look the source for a major vendors bios has been left for ftp by
accident ? by a major motherboard vendor for a year. Personally I have
better thigns to do than read it, but every goddam petty little intel
cpu initialisation secret, including the planned but dropped 'cpu overclocked
loop and hang test' is known the entire planet and has been for at least
six months.

Alan