Re: /proc/nzombies (wrapup)

From: Jos Visser (josv@osp.nl)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 02:05:45 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:

> Jos Visser wrote:
> >
> > The story so far:
>
> Nice summary, Jos. I like it when people summarise a 1000-article
> thread. Happens too infrequently.
>
> Have you considered a standalone kernel module which walks the process
> table and returns the value? Less efficient, but it's completely
> hands-off.

That's exactly the approach I intend to take in the short run. In the
longer run I'll spend some time thinking about the "generic" solution
and see where it leads.
Another thought that crossed my mind is that this *specific* counter
might be part of Richard Gooch's performance counters (I haven't looked
into these counters yet, so consider it an off-hand remark).

++Jos

--
Are you game for the SANE 2000 edition of the InSANE quiz?
See http://www.nluug.nl/sane/.