Re: EEK! Able to eject mounted Zip Disk (2.3.46/2.2.13)

From: Simon Huggins (huggie@earth.li)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 12:19:08 EST

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 08:55:17AM -0600, James Nelson wrote:
> > > Is this only the parallel port Zip, or are SCSI ones affected too?
> > I haven't tried it on SCSI since Doug Ledford pointed out that
> > connecting it to my SCSI chain would be evil bad and wrong after I
> > mailed him some error messages. (It did start causing resets on the
> > chain my hard disk is on).
> I've had a scsi Zip and Jaz drive for quite some time. They did not
> adversely affect the rest of my scsi system, accept for overall thru
> put when several devices are being accessed. Mine are on a NCR 53c810
> scsi adapter. What are you using?

I have an Adaptec 2940UW and was using a 68pin -> 25 pin convertor to go
to the zip drive. This is not good apparently.
You live you learn.

JOOI, did your drives allow you to eject them whilst mounted?
Do you still have them to test this?

Simon.

--
oOoOo   "If I were human, I believe my response would be 'Go to    oOoOo
 oOoOo                        hell'"-Spock                        oOoOo