Re: /proc/nzombies (wrapup)

From: Frank v Waveren (fvw@var.cx)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 15:35:23 EST

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 10:19:07PM +0100, Jos Visser wrote:
> One (interesting) comment was that the feature was not general enough,
> and should maybe be changed into a feature to obtain the entire process
> table quickly and efficiently from a userland program, thereby solving a
> bunch of other problems as well. I find that an interesting approach,
> and one that I'll ponder on for some time. Would this be "bloat" as
> well? Who knows.....?

Actually, I think that's be a great idea. So many programs try to get
all this info, that having one big proc-file with it (Though this shouldn't
replace /proc/pid, not even in the long run imo) would be a worthwile idea.

Anyone know any reasons not to do this?

--

Frank v Waveren fvw@var.cx ICQ# 10074100