Re: ext3 status?

From: Steve Dodd (steved@loth.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 16:12:23 EST

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 11:26:15AM -0500, George wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> >(OT)BTW - the NTFS driver (write) in Linux has data corruption on W2K.
>
> Does it in NT 4.0 too. Successfully eradicated an entire NT partition once
> by trying to write a 300 MB file to it.

Are you guys running the driver *under* NT, or are you only talking about
sharing partitions between the native NT driver & and the Linux NTFS driver?
(I don't know the NT port was usable, never tried it)

Either way, there are a number of problems with the (linux) driver which AFAIK
haven't been mixed, and Martin von L. doesn't seem to be actively developing
it. Also, I'm not the world's greatest coder, and I'm not usually fussy about
style, but I find the driver source unusually difficult to follow..

Don't use the write support unless you actively want to trash your data ;-)

--
A neutron walks into a bar. "I'd like a beer" he says.
The bartender promptly serves up a beer.