Re: [patch] smp-2.3.48-B2, MP config table in high memory

From: Lyle Coder (x_coder@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 20:52:53 EST

Hi,
So I saw the latest kernel moves paging_init before reading the MP tables.
My question is this... on our systems, the MP tables will be in the BIOS
protected area (ie the area that the e820 call will report as unusable).
Will the de-reference of such an address still work once paging_init has
been called? Also, is this intended to work because paging_init installs
translations for all available RAM?

Best Wishes,
Lyle
Systems Programmer, Compaq Corporation