Re: CONFIG_NETLINK_DEV - bad or just misunderstood?

From: David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 12:44:08 EST

ak@muc.de said:
> nfsd (nfs-utils) depends on it ATM, because nobody ported the user
> part to the socket based PF_NETLINK interface yet. Shouldn't be that
> hard.

I stand by my original response:

"I know, I know; that was just a proof-of-concept hack to show what I wanted
knfsd to do, and to encourage people to comment. It wasn't my intention that
it would immediately get incorporated into the next nfs-utils release.

"I'll fix it as soon as I've got time to finish it properly."

Hopefully, that time is very soon, as the project which has been taking 110%
of my working hours has now concluded.

--
dwmw2