RE: HIGH MEMORY access

From: nathan.zook@amd.com
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 13:20:11 EST

1) If someone boots with their own memory map, then they must supply the
memory map.
2) If the bios gives a bogus pointer.... well, we're <insert barnyard term>
regardless, aren't we?
3) If the bios puts a ROM at the high end of memory (or maps the bios
there), then that space will be returned AddressRangeReserved, and won't be
involved. I'm only talking about AddressRangeMemory, AddressRangeACPI, and
AddressRangeNVS in the map. The latter two are necessarily used by the ACPI
drivers, so we had better support them...

Nathan