Linux 2.2.15pre13

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 21:22:20 EST

If things go OK I'll release 2.2.15 some point late next week.

2.2.15pre13
o Revert some of the MM changes and drop in the
        more proven trashing heuristic code and bits (Andrea Arcangeli)
o Always probe all luns on AMI MegaRAID (Doug Ledford)
o IBM lanstreamer driver merged (Mike Sullivan)
        \ cleaned up (tho I hope not broken) by me
        [Please check]
o COMX update, remove experimental (Gergely Madarasz)
o Fix a region release bug in the eepro100 (Andrey Savochkin)
o Add write ordering to ppc *bit functions (Paul Mackerras)
        on SMP boxen
o Fix timer irq bug on ultrasparc (Dave Miller)
o Further sparc dcache page flush fixes (Dave Miller)
o Bring 3ware driver up to 1.0 (Adam Radford)
o List 2.2.x pre-patch locations in MAINTAINERS (David Forrest)
o UMSDOS update (Matija Nalis)
o Support SRM on nautilus Alpha (Soohoon Lee)
o Fix maintainers - Scott Murray has moved (Scott Murray)
o EV4 emulation trap fix (Carsten Jacobi)
o Alter the TLB IPI spin timeout for faster chips (based on the Reiserfs
                                                         hack)

2.2.15pre12
o Further small irda fixes (Dag Brattli)
o Missing bh_atomic unlocks in mcast/masq (Dave Miller)
o K7 cache reporting fix (Catalin Muresan)
o Fix phonedev registering specifying unit (Thomas Sparr)
o Fix egcs/pcbit isdn issues (Fernando Carvalho)

2.2.15pre11
o Fix i2o pci to depend on pci bus (Arjan van de Ven)
o TSC based udelay [Yes bogomip values changed (Philipp Rumpf, me)
        \ but they are bogus anyway remember]
o Update version info on cyclades (Cyclades)
o Removed illegal use of FPU in lmc driver (Philipp Rumpf)
o Fix FPU usage bug in the ixj driver (Philipp Rumpf)
o Fix NFSCTL_LOCKD for Sparc64 (Dave Miller)
o Fix small protocol error in the irda code (Dag Brattli)
o Sparc64 mmap corruption fix (Dave Miller)
o Blacklist entry for the Mitsumi cd-r (Erik Tews)
o SMB was making socket calls in wrong context (Manfred Spraul)
o ALS100/200 doc improvement (Dave Forrest)
o Thunderlan driver minor updates (Torben Mathiasen)
o Fix memory leak in lance driver (Ivan Kokshaysky)
o Fix ppc compile error (Robert Walsh)
o PPP/SMP locking fixes (Paul Mackerras)
o Hopefully fix tcp/fasync race (Alexey Kuznetsov et al)

2.2.15pre10
o I2O scsi,block backport from 2.3.x (me)
o Colour qcam config options/alternative detects (David Forrest)
        \ + docs
o More intelligent out of memory killing (Rik van Riel)
o Fix QNXfs endianisms (Anders Larsen)
o Small irda update (Dag Brattli)
o TTY SMP locking fixes (Paul Mackerras)
o 3c527 driver work (Carl Drougge, me)
o Iomega buz driver should now work again (Rainer Johanni)
o Hopefully fix hang on capture with bttv (??)
o Syskonnect minor bugfixes (Christoph Goos)
o TCP keepalive fix (Dave Miller)
        \ reports from folks previous seeing the oops wanted
o Minor eexpress irq handling bug (Gianluca Anzolin)
o Fix cmpci typo (Arjan van de Ven)
o Fix Parport dependancies on config.in (Arjan van de Ven)
o Test eepro100 fix for some remaining bug reports(Andrey V. Savochkin)
o Further S/390 ksym fixes (Fritz Elfert)
o Fix console drawing race on fb consoles (Petr Vandrovec)
o Fix gid override on isofs (Stuart Children)
o Fix dgrs irq probe with gcc 2.95 (Rick Richardson)
o Add TK9902 to the parallel port PCI table (Tim Waugh)
o Fixed three small (harmless I think) buglets
        caught by a C check tool (Ed Rupp, me)

2.2.15pre9
o Alpha compiles again (sorry) (Several people)
o Sparc config/warnings fix (Dave Miller)
o Small qlogicfc update (Chris Loveland)
o SK98 fixes (Christoph Goos)
o IDE CD noise reduction (Jens Axboe)

2.2.15pre8
o Fix put_tty_char race on SMP (Andrew J Kroll)
        | This may well fix the serial mouse jumping problem
        | people have reported for a long time.
o Fix compile compbination for IPv6/netlink (Arjan van de Ven)
o Add Yamaha CRW6416S to the lun blacklist (Tim Waugh)
o Fix symbol clash if a given pair of ISDN
                boards both got compiled in (Arjan van de Ven)
o Hopefully fix the X.25 problem (Henner Eisen)
o NCPfs permission handling updates (Petr Vandrovec)
o Clean up Maestro includes (Arjan, me)
o Fix a memory leak in eql drivers (Alessandro Rubini)
o Support byte counters in the tlan driver (Niels Baggesen)
o Tlan fixed backported from 2.3.x (Torben Mathiasen)
o Ultrasparc support for SK98 Gnic card (Christoph Goos)
o Fix up PCI bus scans on some compaq machines
o APM power management fixes/extra bios workarounds
                                                        (Stephen Rothwell)
o Merge 2.3.x fixes into 2.2.x Solo and CMPCI (Marcelo Tosatti)
o Stop panic on SRM Alpha clearing the screen (Jay Estabrook)
o EEPro100 turn off copy break mode and fix
        u32/ulong problem on Alpha (Jay Estabrook)
o IDE geometry fix (Andries Brouwer)
o Update IBM S/390 port (IBM)
o Fix an IPv6 dependancy in the config.in (Arjan van de Ven)

2.2.15pre7
o Fix problems with irq loss on Dell PowerEdge's (Dell)
        | This may help other SMP boxes too
o Update maintainers (Jean-Paul Roubelat)
o Maestro Powermanagement updates (Zach 'Fufu' Brown)
o AX.25 returned wrong address in recvmsg (Tomi Manninen)
o Kill warning in ipc/shm.c (Dave Miller)
o Poll table alloc fixes (Manfred Spraul)
o Add another drive to the blacklists (Yoshihiro Kawabe)
o Clean up K6/K7 cache reporting (Catalin Muresan)
o SCSI tape updates (Kai Makisara)
o Clean out the remaining gfp debug (me)
o Fix lmc Makefile bug (Andrew Stanley-Jones)

2.2.15pre6
o SMC-mca updates (David Monro)
o Stallion driver update (Wayne Meissner)
o DAC960 updates (Leonard Zubkoff)
o CPQ Array updates (adds SA431) (Charles White)
o Fix creative joystick crash
o Fix bogus RST when fins crossed (Dave Miller)
o Gemini serial driver update (Cort Dougan)
o Work around some MediaGX DMA bugs (me)
        - Info thanks to Nat Semi
o Fix type clashes between irda and Ingo HSM (Dag Brattli)
o IDE DMA abort handling fixes (Andre Hedrick)
o Cyrix 5530 IDE support (Mark Lord)
o 3Ware raid controller driver (Adam Radford)
o Fix sunrpc queue corruption bug (Trond Myklebust)
o Sparc config updates (Dave Miller)
o Fix SMP powermac booting (Paul Mackerras)
o Fix bonding documentation (Lennie Besselink)
o CPIA parallel camera driver (Peter Pregler)
o Alternative page allocation hang fixes (Andrea Arcangeli)
        | Reverted some of the other fixes. This wants
        | sorting nicely for 2.3.x, for 2.2.x Andrea's
        | approach is easier to verify
o Fix shm/remap bug (Eric Biederman)

2.2.15pre5

o Support newer SCSI devices that lack READ6 (Jens Axboe)
        and WRITE6 commands.
o Fix for the lanmedia bug I added when merging (Andrew Stanley-Jones)
o Qnxfs now builds with gcc 2.7.2 (Arjan van de Ven,
                                                         Anders Larsen)
o Gemtek radio documentation update (Jonas Munsin)
o Sparc 32bit hook fixes (Jakub Jelinek)
o Make 1284 probing more reliable (Tim Waugh)
o ISDN4linux update (Karsten Keil)
o Small irda fixes (Dag Brattli)
o Channel bonding (Thomas Davis)
o Fix an IDE probing problem with CRW9624's (Mark Lord)
o Fix cases where things write to user space
        in TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE as well as some other
        odd quirks (Ben LaHaise et al)
o Fix problem with Acer 50x drive and Linux ATAPI
        violation (Mark Lord)
o Page alloc change + debug traps (Rik Van Riel)
o Add 5LUN blacklist for the LASOUND CDX7405 (Brendan Miller)

2.2.15pre4

o VM algorithm changes (Rik van Riel)
o Fix compile bug in qnxfs changes (Leos Bitto)
o Sparc32 KRUPS/Javastation fixes (Peter Zaitcev)
o Powermac fixes including OOM behaviour (Paul Mackerras)
o Fix 3c529 setup (David Weinehall)
o Remove the I2O test on Megaraid, doesn't work
        for all cases. Back to vanilla AMI code (me)
o Upgraded Davicom driver to v1.28 (Sten Wang)
o SMC ircc update (Dag Brattli)
o Add module initialising debug stuff (Keith Owens)
o Fix defconfig (Niels Jensen)
o 3c509 PPC and SMC mca fixes (David Monro)
o Fixes for RIO driver for older cards (Rogier Wolff)
o Add Specialix SX+ support to SX driver (Rogier Wolff)
o Add custom divisor support to Specialix IO8+ (Nicolas Mailhot)
o Clean up gemini PPC, turn on L2 for other cpus (Cort Dougan)
o QlogicFC updates (Chris Loveland)
o Lan Media T1/T3 card driver (Lan Media Corp)

2.2.15pre3

o Fix Sangoma stuff if compiled into kernel (Mario Lorenz)
o Fix smbfs for sparc64 (Dave Miller)
o Specialix Rio drivers (Specialix, Rogier Wolff)
o Elf extra sanity checks from code audit (Solar Designer)
o Megaraid update to 1.07 (Dell/AMI)
o Fix hang on boot with I2O configured megaraid (me)
o Fix small bug in the socket filter code (??)
o QNX file system updates (Anders Larsen)
o Intel 82559ER support in eepro100 driver (Cobalt)
o Workaround for 16C750 emulation bug (Cobalt)
o Show "preN" in make menuconfig (Alan Ford)
o Adaptec 29xx driver updates (Doug Ledford)
o Handle cross CPU TSC differences (Ingo Molnar)
o Update IRDA to match the 2.3.x codebase (Dag Brattli)

2.2.15pre2

o Fix RTC build problem with Nautilus (Michal Jaegermann)
o Quieten NFS debugging messages (me)
o Fix bug in connect/listen handling in TCP (Dave Miller)
o Fix missing $(CC) cases (Pascal DuPuis)
o Fix SMP tcp hang (Andrea Arcangeli)
o Hopefully fixed PLIP (me)
o Fix sigtimedwait bug (Christophe Blaess)
o Updated epic100 driver (Donald Becker)
        | If it works cool, if not we back it off
o Sparc updates (Dave Miller)
        | Fixes bugs with >258Mb on sun4d/sun4m
        | si_addr is set in siginfo
        | Fix signal type for FP/div events
        | DP division FPU emulation fixes
        | Fix sparc64 parport locking keyboard
        | ESP can be built as a module
o Network fix kit (Dave Miller and co)
        | Nagle improvements, TCP_CORK/FIN fix
        | /proc/net/tcp reports type 4 for timer
        | Fix TIME_WAIT logic
        | Clean up timer performance
        | Handle shutdown() in CLOSE_WAIT right
        | Report state change on tcp_fin after setting
        | new state
        | Shutdown on close in write_err case (Paul Russell)

2.2.15pre1

o Handle crossing X25 restart confirmations (Guntram Blohm)
o Large direct block I/O with small readahead
                could fail (Mikulas Patocka)
o Remove duplicate asm op (Chris Noe)
o IUCV Update for S/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
o Fixes to allow Linux/390 to run on P/390 (Martin Schwidefsky)
o Some PPC configs didnt compile (W Lewis)
o Maybe fix TCP delack hang (Andrea Arcangeli)
o Missing task state change (Natapov Gleb)
o Fix 82596 false probes (Richard Hirst)
o Fix typo in ixj driver (Tim Waugh)
o Add AOpen PD-2 DVD to ghost list (Rogier Wolff)
o Masquerading site has moved (Hugh Redelmeier)
o Fix FAT bug (Pavel Pisa)
o Small NFS fixes (HJ Lu)
o Update ES1370 to handle rev7 chips (Tom Sailer)
o Use amateur radio drivers on Sparc (Tom Sailer)
o SCSI generic documentation updates (Douglas Gilbert)
o Fix clearing of NT in head.S (Willy Tareau)
o Add winchip2 MTRR support (Bart Hartgers)
o CREDITS entry for Victor 'RTLinux' Yodaiken (Victor Yodaiken)
o Zoltan Boszormenyi has changed address (Zoltan Boszormenyi)
o eepro100 updates (Savochkin Andrey Vladimirovich)
o Update Davicom driver (Davicom)