Re: 2.3.49/50pre's rd.c bdget unresolved

From: Mike Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 21:51:04 EST

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Garst R. Reese wrote:

> Is ramdisk going to be available as a module?
> Does it work at all?

It works in kernel.

> This unresolved symbol has been reported at least 3 previous times.
> Any suggestions on how to fix it?

The easy fix is to just export bdget. An alternate way would be to
keep an internal table of 'pinned' devices and check it at open time
to see if it has been protected from invalidate_buffers() previously
or not. I'll see if I can do that instead of exporting yet another
symbol. (exporting bdget/bdput looks reasonable though)

        -Mike