Re: packet-0.0.1j & scsi

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 06:24:58 EST

On Sat, Mar 04 2000, Gregory Zornetzer wrote:
> Hi Jens,
>
> I updated your packet 0.0.1j patch to 2.3.48/9 (I think). I was able to
> update all of the bits except for the Sparc compatability IOCTL's.
> Anyway, I tried it with my SCSI writer - a Yamaha 4416SX. While I can
> mount a UDF filesystem (created by the Adaptec Win95 DirectCD) in
> read-only mode, the mount fails on one of the SCSI commands.
>
> I've attached the messages for a ro mount and a rw mount. If I can
> provide any more info, just let me know. If you'd like the patch, I can
> email it in private, but I don't want to hit the list with a 100k email.
> Thanks,

Okay, thanks for the report. THis looks like a mode2 disc and probably
the MCN is not being liked very much for some reason. I've seen that
on my 6416SX as well.

I've spending today in bed because of sickness, I will update the
packet module later this week as I have a whole bunch of fixes in
my queue.

Also, there's now a dedicated list for the packet writing module:
packet-writing@suse.com . Subscribe by writing to packet-writing-subscribe,
although I'm not sure that it is up yet.

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer