Re: 3c59x & Cat 4003 Ethernet Lockups

From: Luuk van der Duim (l.a.vanderduim@student.utwente.nl)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 14:36:35 EST

Mr. Mendelson,

Does your 3c905B share an interrupt with another device?
If so:

You can, in Mr. Donald Beckers drivers, just increase the
"Max_Work_At_Interrupt = 20;" statement to a 1000.

This is a pragmatic fix but the driver is not ready for the
shared irq case and Alan Cox has been nice enough to
inform me that it would be a hard job to rewrite the driver
to actually be able to share an irq with another peripheral.

[I would like to see Mr. Becker comment on this once
for I am curious if not one of his beowulf machines with
a 3com NIC has ever 'suffered' from a shared interrupt.]

Yours,

Luuk van der Duim