Re: PATCH: /proc/irq/ fix

From: Riley Williams (rhw@MemAlpha.cx)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 20:02:43 EST

Hi Ingo.

>> Here is a patch to avoid multiple same entries in
>> /proc/irq/ and shows only the active interrupts. Although
>> I'm not sure about the test against no_irq_type, Ingo, do
>> you want to show all possible interrupts in /proc/irq/?
>> Then the patch would be a bit smaller and only the
>> register_irq_proc() needs to removed from request_irq()
>> (and one test against no_irq_type is sufficient).

> i believe we want to show all possible interrupts. (not all
> IRQ vectors, but all IRQs which are registered by an IRQ
> controller) The possibility to set IRQ affinity should not
> depend on wether a particular module is loaded or not.

Personally, I'd like to see both, but in separate files:

 1. /proc/irq/current would be useful for debugging the
    interrupt usage of a device and its driver.

 2. /proc/irq/all would be useful for when one has an ISA
    bus non-PnP card to plug into a computer and needs to
    determine an IRQ it can be jumpered to.

However, this is probably unlikely to be accepted.

Best wishes from Riley.

 * Copyright (C) 2000, Memory Alpha Systems.
 * All rights and wrongs reserved.