Multicast routing, mrouted

From: David Nemeth (davidn@asti-usa.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 09:35:45 EST

I'm trying to configure my system (Linux 2.2, Pentium processor) as a
multicast router, and I'm going through the process of compiling and
learning to use mrouted. (I'm not going to use tunneling - I'm on my
own network, my routers will all be either my linux boxes or Somebody
Else's Problem.)

Is mrouted still going to be required for multicast routing in the 2.4
kernel? Is any of the multicast routing stuff changing?

Also, if anyone has any good references on using mrouted and multicast
routing, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks in advance.

--

David Nemeth

Advanced Simulation Technology Inc. Herndon, VA (703) 471-2104