kernel panic

From: David Tucker (dtucker@liberate.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 13:01:40 EST

I'm working on a rather simple char driver (ok, vary simple) All goes
well until the system is under a heavy load at which time the system
simply reboots. This only happens when my driver is loaded, so I assume
its my fault. What I don't understand is that there are no panic
messages to the console or logs. Nothing at all. I'm new to linux
device drivers, but in the past when I've done stupid things, (under
Solaris or DUX), I always got Kernel Panic messages. Does it sound
reasonable that the system (2.2.14) could do this? Any Ideas where to
start looking? Is there anything I can do to get more verbose
messaging?
The driver is very simple. One device, an interrupt handler that reads
a port, inserts data into a global buffer and schedules a task in the
tq_scheduler queue. It's a typical producer consumer model. All
memory is statically allocated. (no malloc calls). My only though is
that I'm indexing out of an array, but I haven't found it yet.
I'm not looking for help with the driver, your time is too valuable for
that, I'm just looking for a way to get something from the kernel as to
what is happening.

Thanks,
   dave

system: