Re: OHCI USB problems?

From: Gerd Knorr (kraxel@goldbach.in-berlin.de)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 07:46:00 EST

In lists.linux.kernel, you wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Dunlap, Randy wrote:
> > Does this differ from previous kernel versions?
> > There haven't been many (any ?) changes to the OCHI
> > driver lately.
>
> I don't know which OHCI controller iMac is using

rev B iMac:

macintoy kraxel ~# lspci
[ ... ]
00:14.0 USB Controller: OPTi Inc. 82C861 (rev 10)
macintoy kraxel ~#

The only problem I have is that the keyboard used to die from time
to time with 2.3.47. Could be fixed by unplugging and reconnecting
it. Did not happen yet since I've upgraded to 2.3.51. Both
keyboard (original apple) and mouse (logitech) are connected to the
root-ports, the keyboards hub is'nt used.

  Gerd

--
Protecting the children is a good way to get a lot of adults who cant
stand up for themselves.		-- seen in some sig on /.