Kernel (>2.3.4x) oops on unloading ray_cs

From: Stephen Foskett (sfoskett@fosketts.net)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 00:35:36 EST

I've found a kernel oops with many of the later 2.3.x (where x >
40-something and including 2.3.51) kernels. I hadn't noticed it much
since I normally use 2.3.35, but with the freeze, it should be fixed.

The ray_cs driver works fine with my Webgear Aviator 2.4 card, but on
unloading I get various OOPSes scrolling acrosss the screen. Since it
kills the kernel, and I don't have a serial console, I haven't captured
them. It looks like it always ends with something about "killing the
Idle task"...

I'm running the latest unstable Debian release on a Toshiba Portege
3015CT. It's got a ToPIC cardbus controller in it.

What other info can I report to help debugging this?

Thanks,
Stephen