Re: Keyboard/mouse lockup... again

From: Wakko Warner (wakko@animx.eu.org)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 14:52:18 EST

> > > Does that really simply change make your keyboard come to life again?
> >
> > You mean the entire block, right? I'm not sure about blu3's problem, but
> > mine is only triggered if:
>
> No, I mean just the single test. The stuff inside the test shouldstay,
> just remove the "if (xxx)" or replace it with "if (1) {... }"

Doesn't change anything here.

> > 1) the cdrom is in the machine at boot
> > 2) Yenta is compiled in (or just wait, it'll hit yenta_init and others I
> > assume later and do the same thing)
> > 3) A mouse event occures and /dev/psaux is opened.
>
> It's going to be timing-related, and the cdrom thing and everything elseis
> probably just black magic.
>
> I could be wrong, of course. But I'm never wrong.

Here's my test:
1) login remotely and run 'watch -n 1 cat /proc/interrupts'
2) start gpm
        int 12 appears
3) hit some keys
        int 1 count goes up
4) touch mouse (touch pad =)
        int 12 count does not increase
        keyboard is locked
        int 1 count no longer will increase
5) kill gpm
        int 12 disappears
        keyboard is now functional and all keys that were pressed are
                serviced
        int 1 goes up when the keys were processed

I could be wrong on this one, but it appears that the IRQs are no longer
working. I can't say if the hardware is really sending the irq, or linux
just can't see it when the psaux driver is in use.