Re: (reiserfs) Re: patch: reiserfs for 2.3.49

From: Xuan Baldauf (technik--reiserfs@exmail.de)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 01:57:31 EST

Hi,

I'm not that kernel hacker but a user of reiserfs, maybe my comments are
inappropriate...

The code duplication in fs/reiserfs/ is a bug. But does this bug harm anything
but maybe somewhat performance? If it does not harm, there is no reason for
reiserfs not to make in pre-2.4 kernels, because those bugs can be fixed. The
win is at least an as EXPERIMENTAL marked journaling filesystem, and people who
use it are warned. The loss would be (beside other issues) superiority of other
OSs regarding startup time after an unclean shutdown, preventing reiserfs to be
used in large servers. We know why we like and need startup times of 1..2
minutes instead of 10..20 hours...

Xuân. :o)