Re: Linux Jobs: Update

From: Bill Wendling (wendling@ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 01:50:25 EST

Also sprach Rui Sousa:
} Q wrote:
} >
} > I'd still prefer those things compiled in tho, I'll use modules if I want
} > to be "flexible".
}
} Adding a line to lilo is faster than compiling an entire kernel any day.
} And in both cases you only have to do it once.
}
} Do you remember the first time you compiled the kernel to get sound going?
} I bet you wish you had this "flexibility" at the time :)
}
Having both would be a blessing. Having one ripped out from under you so
you now have to go decipher isapnp or encant some magic on the lilo:
prompt is a curse.