3 (possible) problems with 2.3.4X

From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd@Op.Net)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 11:59:56 EST

1) since switching to 2.3, my printer (an Epson 850 hanging from a
   PC-style parallel port) has become extremely erratic. Printing
   works, but data transmission will stop for hours on end. This is
   likely a configuration problem, but i've been through the kernel
   build several times, and have not come across a way to make it
   work. Simply rebooting 2.2.10 makes the printer work just fine.

2) i am not sure of the circumstances, but its relatively easy to get
   my SCSI tape (a Seagate Travan) to only generate EIO when used for
   anything. it doesn't happen all the time, but I have *never* seen
   this happen in nearly 2 years (kernels 2.0, 2.1, 2.2)

3) during a crash this morning, my root filesystem got trashed. during
   the reboot, fsck failed to be invoked on it on 3 separate
   consecutive reboots. I rebooted again with 2.2.10, which noted the
   problem, ran fsck (with manual intervention, since things really
   were trashed), and everything was fine. this seems pretty serious
   to me.

Help and comments welcomed.

--p