Re: patch: reiserfs for 2.3.49

From: Stephen C. Tweedie (sct@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 11:45:32 EST

Hi,

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:00:53 -0500 (EST), Gregory Maxwell
<greg@linuxpower.cx> said:

> When I looked the other day (please excuse memory fuzz), there was only
> ONE small, veryfiable patch made outside of the reiserfs directory
> excluding includes, makefile, and menu garbage.

> They removed the VFS bastardazation. :)

Most of it. It still uses a whole bunch of fs-specific flags in the
buffer_head flags word, which was one of the things Linus objected to
last time we tried to sort out a decent IO abstraction for journaling,
but it is _much_ cleaner than the old 2.2 diffs.

--Stephen