Re: Sockets stuck in FIN_WAIT1 (2.2.14)

From: robbie@scot-mur.demon.co.uk
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 20:20:45 EST

I have a related problem to this. I am using two different isps, one
which is free in the evenings. When it disconnects at midnight, tcp
connections still appear in netstat. The problem is that they remain
even after the interface has changed ip address. After changing back
to the other isp, the dial on demand is triggered, and it doesn't go
away for about 15 minutes. (I didn't time it, so just a guess).

Shouldn't connections be forgotten about when the interface changes
address?

I have Linux 2.2.14 with the IDE patch, using ISDN.

Regards

--
Rob Murray