Re: Linux Jobs: Update

From: Q (Q@ping.be)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 16:57:53 EST

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 09:25:51AM -0800, Gerhard Mack wrote:

> The following worked for me:
> make menuconfig
> go to the "Plug and Play configuration" sub menu
> enable "Plug and Play" support.
> enable "ISA Plug and play support"
>
> This works ... no command line options needed. This is MUCH easier than
> the old way folks.. If I had known this was the fix in the first place I
> wouldn't have started this whole damn thread.

I just tried this, and got this:

isapnp: Scanning for Pnp cards...
isapnp: No Plug & Play device found
Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
sb_card: No ISAPnP cards found, trying standard ones...

When using sb=xxx, it then seems to find it (but not report it), when not
using it, it's followed by:
sb_card: I/O, IRQ, and DMA are mandatory

So, I guess it isn't working for me, or you have something "different"