Re: [linux-usb] RE: OHCI USB problems?

From: vsync (vsync@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 20:36:55 EST

David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net> writes:

> > > Does this differ from previous kernel versions?
> > > There haven't been many (any ?) changes to the OCHI
> > > driver lately.
>
> Despite this problem still being around, and quite serious.

 - sigh -

> > I don't know which OHCI controller iMac is using but the "ohci-hcd" driver
> > has never worked (AFAIK) with NEC OHCI controllers. This is the chip
> > which is used on many (or all) Toshiba satellite series laptops. OTOH
> > Greg's and Inaky's ohci drivers worked with this controller so after
> > 2.3.33 I haven't been able to use USB.
>
> Right -- I haven't been able to use my development machine for USB
> work for quite a long time now. 2.3.33 sounds about right as the last
> time the NEC chip was known to work.

Does anyone know how much of a difference there is between the working
and nonworking code? Theoretically it should be possible to back it
out, especially if we have a point at which we know it stopped
working. Right?

Unfortunately I am no kernel hacker. My knowledge up till now extends
to fixing misspellings that haven't been patched yet. =)
Additionally, I know nothing about USB. However, I'm willing to poke
around a little bit, especially if anyone wants to help. I know I can
at least test other peoples' code... =)

--
vsync
Beware.