Re: 2.3.51 and squid/dec tulip

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 12:05:48 EST

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Matthew Dharm wrote:
> I hope this message has attracted the attention of the Tulip driver
> maintainers.

If you want to attract their attention then you should e-mail them (er, me)
directly.

> Netgear makes a card that is sorta like a Tulip.... the older model of the
> card worked just fine with the existing Tulip driver. The newer model
> needs several patches/hacks, and Netgear provides a new tulip.c file on
> their drivers disk.
>
> I remember a while back that someone was looking at working on the Tulip
> driver, possibly incorporating some of these types of changes. I was
> wondering if the code to support the new Netgear cards has made it into
> the 2.3.5x kernels.
>
> Upon request, I can send the modified tulip.c file.

Please do e-mail it to me privately. Also patches to merge this support
are accepted (provided they are correct of course... :)) I think Becker
said something about the NetGear card changes being not good for general
use, so care needs to be taken.

        Jeff