RE: [linux-usb] DevFS and USB...

From: Dunlap, Randy (randy.dunlap@intel.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 11:23:35 EST

Hi Mike,

I haven't looked at it and I don't recall seeing
any email from anyone else on the linux-usb
mailing list who has looked at DevFS.

I don't disagree with your (guesstimate) evaluation
of USB and DevFS.

> Anyone even know what the USB hierarchy in the
> DevFS namespace should look like?

I'm no expert (or even User yet) on DevFS.
My guess is simply /dev/usb/something.
Where would I look for some examples of other
devices/buses?
in linux/Documentation/filesystems/devfs/mk-devlinks
or ...................................../README ?

I'm interested in your feedback and help on this.

Thanks,
~Randy [www.linux-usb.org]
|Randy Dunlap Intel Corp., DAL Sr. SW Engr.|
|randy.dunlap.at.intel.com 503-696-2055|
|NOTE: Any views presented here are mine alone |
|and may not represent the views of my employer. |

http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/
 PGP Key: 0xDF1DD471 | possible worlds. A pessimist is sure of it!