Re: 2.4.x jobs (updated)

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 10:37:01 EST

> Yes, of course, but first of all I'd like to know what exactly the
> problems are. I dislike creating yet another architecture specific function
> -- I'd prefer to keep the function generic, but allow the architecture
> to set the right constants (either by macros in pci.h [which can be defined
> to call functions if needed, of course] or by adding a new entry in struct
> pci_dev).

Its chipset specific. For example setting the latency high on a SIS5598
board trashes your video because it holds off the video fetch from
main memory.

For PC it should be a PCI quirk. Say we pick 64 as before and pci_quirk
overrides min_pci_latency and max_pci_latency ?

Would that work for you too Dave ?