Success report with andrea elevator-starvation patch.

From: Yann Doussot (doussot@gifrance.com)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 04:48:40 EST

        Hello,

        I just wanted to report that we were quite succesfull at using
kernel 2.2.15pre14 with Andrea elevator-starvation patch. On our server,
it makes an amazing difference. For example with plain 2.2.14, creating a
500Mb Oracle datafile takes 5 mins and completely locks all processes
running (nothing, even the most simple 'ls' can be run during
processing). With the patch, datafile creation is almost transparent,
users won't see any difference ... amazing !

        Thanks a lot for you patch.

--
Yann Doussot <doussot@gifrance.com>
Grey Interactive - France - http://www.gifrance.com/