Re: Cardbus and kb/mouse lockup

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 14:24:36 EST

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Wakko Warner wrote:

> I happen to think about it this morning. Someone told me (private email I
> think) that his ps2 mouse locked if something was using irq 12. Mine
> doesn't lock if the cdrom is missing. So what I thought thismorning is the
> fact that the cardbus driver is walking over the first available IRQ (in my
> case, cdrom installed, irq15 is used, 14 is always used, 13 reserved and 12
> doesn't show up in the pci irq list). But with the cdrom missing, it walks
> over irq 15.
>
> Does this make any sense?

Yes. The change that fixed the mouse for others was to not probe for
irq12.

I suspect that we could even probe for irq12 as long as we after the probe
make sure that we don't leave it parked at the last irq we probed. It
_shouldn't_ matter, but it obviously does.

You can test with one of the broken kernels whether the following
one-liner makes a difference for you: add the line

        exca_writeb(socket, I365_CSCINT, 0);

to the end of the yenta_probe_irq() function.

                Linus