Re: pre-2.2.15-15 compilation problem with quota support

From: Arjan van de Ven (arjan@fenrus.demon.nl)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 11:24:21 EST

In article <200003191612.RAA03053@tau.ceti.com.pl> you wrote:
> In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0003171740090.321-100000@athame.dynamicro.internal> you wrote:

>> in_group_p is defined in attr.c and I can't find any definition for
>> in_egroup_p anywhere, but maybe that was a work in progress :)

> It is defined in kernel/sysctl.c, but it's static so the linker
> can't see it when requested from the quota module. So, we have
> two concurrent solutions for now - remove the 'e' and remove
> static declaration from in_egroup_p. Anyone could comment?

In 2.3.99, it is with the "e". So removing the static is correct. BUT it
should also be moved to sys.c (where in_group_p is also defined). There is
no reason to have this function in sysctl.c. (Sysctl.c is only compiled if
the user selects it, the in_egroup_p function is used beyond sysctl).

Greetings,
   Arjan van de Ven