RE: 2.2.15-pre15 detects my memory wrong?

From: nathan.zook@amd.com
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 10:55:41 EST

This is a known problem with some biosen (especially Award), which have
stopped supporting e801 memory detection in favor of e820. Without e801
support, the 2.2 kernel has to fall back to 88 detection, which is limited
to 64M.

BE WARNED: Using mem= may result in the kernel attempting to overwrite
shadowed BIOS memory or other system memory areas. The documentation
suggests (and I highly recommend) trimming the top 1M off of the mem=
parameter to avoid this problem.

Nathan Zook