Re: [pre5-2.3.99-pre1] PCMCIA problems.

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 17:06:39 EST

Anders Peter Fugmann wrote:

> Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > The Xircom Tulip lookalikes currently have known problems due to the
> > death of tulip_cb. A fix should appear this weekend, but it not present
> > at the moment...
>
> OK. Thanks. I'll wait for an update.

You can now use the xircom_tulip_cb driver in kernel 2.3.99-pre3-pre3 or
later, provided you have this patch. (this patch has been sent to
Linus, so it should appear in the next kernel release...)

http://gtf.org/garzik/kernel/files/xircom-cb-2.3.99.3.3.patch.gz

> I guess that this will (in my case) bring the PCMCIA stuff "back" to the
> post 2.3.36 state, where I had to load the tulip_cb module manually,
> in order to get the card working.
> - Or will it also solve the problem, that cardmgr cannot find my card?

I need to look into how cardmgr decides which module to load...

> (and initially believes that its a 5V card - or has this maybe something
> do with timings, which was discussed earlier on the linux-kernel)

can you elaborate on this?

Regards,

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Tact is the ability to tell a man
Building 1024            | he has an open mind when he has a