Re: scheduler ignores need_resched flag in 2.2.x and 2.3.x?

From: William Montgomery (william@opinicus.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 09:46:18 EST

Jamie Lokier wrote:

> I guess that means that the current->need_resched problem, which hasn't
> shown up in tests, does not need to be fixed. (But it would probably
> clean up the scheduler to do so anyway).

This problem has shown up in tests. I brought it up in early December 1999.
Ingo Molnar correctly fixed the problem _and_ I think the fix is already
in 2.3.x. Anyone interested in this can look in the l-k archives for
the lowlatency thread, Dec 2, 1999.

I say again, the need_resched is _not_ lost. The whole issue is cleanly
resolved by referencing the proper "current" structure when need_resched
is set.

Please read my previous posts on this thread.

Wm