IRQ's dumb

From: Karel Kulhavy (clock@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 16:41:47 EST

Hi

I have FIC VA 503+ mainboard. I realized when I jumper Arcnet card to be
on IRQ 9, 2.2.12 doesn't find it. When I put a 16450 serial port on IRQ 9,
kernel doesn't find it. (Of course I didn't put them both on 9)

VGA got the IRQ 9 disabled in BIOS. IRQ 9 was set to "Legacy ISA" in BIOS,
PnP OS: NO, Config: Manual. Assignment sequency ended in IRQ 9.

Arcnet normally works with other IRQ's. Serial 16450 also. There are no more
devices to hang on IRQ 9. So it's obviously wrong. Should I blame the Linux
Kernel?

Clock