Re: Q: ATAPI-CD-Writer and Parport-ZIP Together

From: Gerhard Fuellgrabe (gerd@cacofonix.harz.de)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 09:10:21 EST

twaugh@redhat.com (Tim Waugh) writes:

> The ppa driver is registering the SCSI host adapter that it finds in the
> ZIP drive. Perhaps it's doing that before your ide-scsi 'adapter', and so
> perhaps the devices names will have shuffled along?

Sorry, Tim, but I am a little bit confused. What would be the
most intelligent way to solve that problem? Sometimes the ppa
drive is plugged in and sometimes it is not.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Gerry

--
Gerhard Fuellgrabe            Phone: +49.5323.96788   Fax: 962044
Arnikaweg 34                              Mobile: +49.170.3508588