Re: [linux-usb] power management (WAS Re: [linux-usb] OHCI crash)

From: Aki M Laukkanen (amlaukka@cc.helsinki.fi)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 09:25:03 EST

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
> The main PM interface has a whole pile of other problems too - it doesnt
> lock against parallel messages and it crashes if we unload during a message
> delivery and unregister stuff.

I missed most of this conversation but Alan, what's the policy currently
for adding PM support to device drivers? Are any patches accepted until
these issues with the PM interface are resolved?

I suppose these patches would have to go the whole nine yards by using
pm_access etc. and a simple suspend/resume callback wouldn't be accepted?

How about the dev_id param to pm_register() when the class is PM_ISA_DEV?