Max File descriptors in Linux 2.2.14

From: Chris Horry (zerbey@wibble.co.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 10:03:01 EST

This is probably a FAQ, I have searched everywhere I can think of though.

By default, Linux 2.2.14 has the max file descriptors hard coded to
1024. I know that there are about half a dozen files that need to be
modified and changes need to be made in /proc at boot. The docs I had to
do this blew up along with the rest of the data in a nice hdd crash.

If anyone knows how to do this (I know there is a patch, but it's 2.2.9
only) please let me know. And I'll put a web site up on how to do it :-)

Please cc me in replies as I'm not a subscriber.

Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Horry - zerbey@wibble.co.uk         ICQ 18279005 |   "Hi there!"