Re: [bugreport] vfat: Unmountable FAT32 Partition

From: Kurt Roeckx (Q@ping.be)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 12:38:01 EST

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 05:14:20PM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
>
> > Someone that has some disk he can play with can format a partition with a
> > fs bigger then 8 GB? (or different blocksize then 4K)
>
> I have a 13GB FAT32 partition with 8k clusters, never had any problems...
> Currently running 2.2.15pre9 on the good side, Win98SE on the other side.

Then I guess I had the same problem then Andreas Dietrich, where windows
thinks he had formatted a partition, but never did, and was actually
writing to an other.

It was hda4 for me, which was about 9 GB, and was unable to mount it. I
made a extended partition of hda4 instead (inside win 98, didn't like
linux extended partition), and put a 2 GB logical on it. I formatted it,
and had to come to the conculusion that it formatted hda1 (my linux root).
I just made hda4 an ext2 now.