How can i send information from wireless driver to ...

From: uturald olivier (uturald@myrealbox.com)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 15:44:17 EST

Hi,
we are working on the pcmcia wireless driver.
we try to improve the speed in mobilIP
To do that we need to make a communication between the
kernel and something like an application (that is not in the
kernel).
we look at the device, but it seems to us that this give us
information but only if we ask something to the kernel.
We don't want that.This is our problem, we'd like that it's
the kernel that decide to do something. A timer is to slow.

Anybody got an idea ?
Few of you advice us to use socket, but nobody here know how
to use them in the kernel. If someone got samples.

thanks for your help.